- 18 Mining Leases granted
- 9 Exploration Permits granted
- 605km2 tenement and mining rights in a premium geological location and gold producing region
- 10+ brownfield gold mines on the tenements, less than 50km from the plant
- 420koz (inferred) JORC 2012 compliant gold resources for focus projects, target of 250koz mineable from first pits
- 1-2Moz JORC 2012 compliant Exploration Targets on focus projects
Charters Towers has been a prolific gold and copper producing district for more than 150 years. Until the mid-1980’s, Charters Towers QLD produced more gold than Kalgoorlie and by comparison is now substantially under-explored and a prime target for consolidation. There are currently 778 gold deposits registered with Geological Survey of QLD within a 100km radius of the mill, excluding those owned by operating mines. Operating mines in the region include Ravenswood and Mt Wright (EMR), Pajingo (MINJAR) and Thalanga (RED RIVER).